The Privacy Management Toolkit
The Privacy Management Toolkit is a complete resource for managing customer and employee data privacy while maintaining compliance with international data protection laws. Based on the 15 year consulting experience of Rebecca Herold, CISSP, CISM, CISA, The Privacy Management Toolkit addresses all of the critical components of data privacy for less than the cost of one day of outside consulting advice. The Privacy Management Toolkit has everything you need to save money while building a privacy governance program based on O.E.C.D. Fair Information Principles.
- Request a free Sample
- Table of Contents
- List of Privacy Laws Covered
- PMTK Data Sheet
- Privacy Whitepapers
- What is the cost of a privacy breach?
- Privacy 10-Point Checkup
Get It Now!
- Coverage of the latest technical, legal and regulatory data privacy issues
- Policies covering all the Fair Information Principles from the O.E.C.D., allowing for easy gap-analysis against existing international privacy laws
- Expert commentary discussing the risks mitigated by each policy
- E.U. Data Protection Directive, HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), PIPEDA, Japanese Data Protection, US CAN-SPAM Act, and many others.
- Overview of data protection requirements and history of each law.
- Related fines and legal actions for each law, which can be used to help prepare for and document organizational risk assessments.
- Discussion and advice on building and maintaining a privacy program that will keep you compliant.
- A complete privacy officer's checklist to track and manage the regular requirements of privacy management.
- A data privacy breach impact worksheet that allows organizations to calculate the total cost of a privacy breach.
- How to identify, document and protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in your organization.
- Privacy development resources such as data privacy Periodicals, professional associations and related privacy organizations.
- A complete discussion of OECD Fair Information Principles, including a Privacy Impact Assessment that organizations can use to perform a detailed gap-analysis against the principles.
- A step-by-step checklist of development tasks to quickly start a privacy governance program.
- Helpful tips for getting management buy-in for data privacy awareness and education.
- Real-world examples of problems caused by missing or poor privacy management.
- Policies available in HTML, PDF, MS-Word format
- Easy cut-and-paste into existing corporate documents
- Extensive cross-references between policies, regulations and OECD Fair Information Principles that help you quickly locate the information you need.
"The Privacy Management Toolkit provides
an easy roadmap to privacy governance
and would be an invaluable resource for any company."
Manager, Business Intelligence and Privacy
Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Privacy Management Toolkit covers these important data privacy topics:
- Critical components of a privacy governance program
- Privacy Roles and Responsibilities
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Privacy Breach Analysis
- Cross-border data flows
- Privacy in Third-party contracts
- Fair Information Principles
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies - including:
- Encryption, Privacy Seals, Blind signatures, and Biometrics
- Privacy Inhibiting Technologies - including:
- SPAM, Spyware, RFID Tags and Surveillance Systems
- Privacy Awareness and Training
- Privacy Incident Response
- SPAM Prevention
Privacy Management Toolkit Version 1 CD-ROM - 297 pages. Includes interactive CD-ROM and organization-wide license to republish the materials. Published by Information Shield, Inc.