Information Security Roles and Responsibilities Made Easy
Save Thousands Documenting Your Security Program
Information Security Roles and Responsibilities Made Easy by security expert Charles Cresson Wood, provides over 70 pre-written job descriptions, mission statements, and organization charts that you can easily customize for your own organization. Includes time-saving tools and practical, step-by-step instructions on how to develop and document specific information security responsibilities for over 40 different key organizational roles.
» ISRRME V3 Data Sheet
» New in Version 3
» Read the Review
» Table of Contents
» Buy It Now
» Receive $195 off with 2 Product Bundle
Information Security Roles & Responsibilities Made Easy, Version 3.0 provides:1. Over 70 pre-written, time-saving information security documents including:
- 29 information-security-related committee, board, and department mission statements, with information security responsibilities reflecting the latest technical and legal requirements.
- Over 40 information-security-related job descriptions.
- 12 separate information security organization structures with discussions of pros and cons of each.
- Specification and discussion of 29 critical information security documents that every organization should have.
- Standard practices that have been shown to be effective at over 125 organizations around the world.
- How to persuade management to properly document information security roles and responsibilities, including an easily-customized sample management memorandum.
- Reducing the total cost of information security services by properly documented roles and responsibilities.
- Discussion of responsibility and liability as it relates to documented information security roles, including citations supporting the legal notion of the standard of due care.
- Information security staffing data and analysis to help gain management support for additional resources.
- Common mistakes many organizations make and how to avoid them.
- Information on how to properly review and update information security roles and responsibilities, including department interview techniques.
- How to schedule project resources and time lines for documenting roles and responsibilities.
- Detailed discussion of the Data Owner, Custodian and User roles.
- Actions you should take to reduce your organization's exposure to workers in information security related positions of trust.
- The synergy between role based access control (RBAC) and clarification of information security roles and responsibilities.
- Pros and cons of outsourcing security functions, including validation and security when outsourcing.
- The security roles and responsibilities of software and hardware vendors.
- Decision-making criteria for releasing or withholding roles and responsibilities documentation to/from various external parties
- Characteristics of effective information security professionals, including discussion about the pros and cons of hiring hackers and others who have been on the wrong side of the law.
- Specific performance criteria for individuals and teams.
- An expanded list of new information professional certifications with web sites, phone numbers, and addresses for each.
Information Security Roles & Responsibilities Made Easy, Version 3 - Includes is available in CD-ROM or electronic download and includes an organization-wide license to reproduce the materials.